Data Governance and Stewardship Manager
The Data Governance and Stewardship Manager will be part of BroadPath’s Enterprise Applications team, and partner with multiple areas within the company including Finance, HR, Enterprise Reporting, Business Analytics, and Payroll. This leader is responsible for a comprehensive understanding of data governance, leading data governance committee & change process, and developing an education program to increase the data literacy of the organization. They will develop, implement, and sustain data governance, stewardship, and education programs. They will have the opportunity to build and oversee supporting processes to advance and standardize the adoption and usage of enterprise data assets. This position will also be responsible for effectively interfacing with leaders, data consumers, and data creators across the company to ensure high quality and accurate use of company data assets.
- Design, implement, and lead a Data Governance and Stewardship program and assist in development of overall Enterprise Data Strategy
- Facilitate implementation of enterprise data governance goals, standards, practices, processes, and technologies
- Build a data governance team and required skillsets within the organization and operationalize data governance and management procedures across the enterprise
- Establish data steward/custodian/owner groups as required
- Develops, implements, and communicates policies for the sharing, extraction, and usage of data
- Monitor and manage adherence to enterprise data governance framework to achieve the required level of consistency in data definitions, sharing, quality, extraction, and usage
- Develop and manage business relationships with key business leaders, project team members and senior leaders across the enterprise
- Manage standardization of new data elements and maintain existing elements, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data consistency and quality
- Inform and educate business areas as to decisions that impact data standards, definitions, processes, policies, and tools
- Facilitate development of a standardized approach to capture and document metadata and issues across all assigned data domains
- Partner with operational teams to identify and optimize workflows to improve the capture and documentation of data according to enterprise standards
- Manage the identification and standardization of key data elements and measures that drive critical clinical and business activities
- Support the structures and roles necessary to identify, analyze, report, and resolve data issues, related to the uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness of data elements
- Develop and deliver status updates and presentations to senior management and stakeholders on process improvement to increase data integrity and enhance overall data governance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- MBA, MIS, or other graduate education preferred
- At least 5 years of previous related experience creating, managing, and leading data governance and training programs
- Prior experience implementing policies and best practices specific to data governance and stewardship
- Prior experience with project management, specifically managing cross functional teams tasked with data governance activities
- Reporting and data analytic experience with call center operations data or human resource data or financial data preferred
- Other welcomed qualifications include strong advanced analytics skills, reporting or analytics background, computing expertise, data analytics methodological expertise, and a demonstrable history of inter-professional collaboration.