We are looking for a System/ Network Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware, and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
The System/ Network Administrator builds, maintains, and troubleshoots our rapidly expanding infrastructure. They focus on our cloud-based network, system security, along with process automation. They are an experienced, and knowledgeable member of our I.T. Team. They serve as a resource for escalated help tickets, as well as provide guidance to the team as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks, and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems, so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t impact daily operations. They have a hands-on work style and are very flexible about their day-to-day role on the team.
- Working with consultants to ensure implementation of HITRUST Common Security Framework, and maintaining compliance.
- Implement process improvement in system security and data assurance
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Install, configure, and maintain software and hardware:
- Manage network servers and technology tools:
- SonicWALL NSA 2600 Firewall
- Ubiquity Switches
- Meraki VPN concentrators / WAPs
- PRTG Network Monitoring
- MPLS / SD-WAN / IPsec VPN
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience with Cisco technologies and VPN Configuration.
- Solid Networking experience hardware/software related:
- Solid Networking knowledge software related: OSI network layers, SSL, TCP/IP.
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)