Project Manager - Senior
Job DescriptionSenior Project Manager is responsible for supporting complex projects by independently executing project management methodology under the supervision of the Director of PMO. Senior Project Manager creates and maintains all project documentation including project scope, project plans, develop and communicate status reports, manage issues and risks, change management, and help to control project scope creep. In addition, they work with project teams and Clients to maintain alignment and progress for both team efforts.
Responsibilities70% - Planning & Execution:
- Creates project documentation, gathering requirements for all functional areas
- Manages the project scoping and manages scope for low to medium complexity projects
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Creates, monitors, tracks, and adjusts project plans based on critical milestones
- Develops and communicates status updates highlighting any potential issues, including schedule, resource, cost, and risks
- Documents and applies lessons learned to subsequent projects and regularly contributes suggestions for improvement
- Understands organizational goals to apply to project work
- Forecasts timelines, budget needs, and resource needs with accuracy
- Completes al BroadPath artifacts (Scope, Business Acceptance Document, etc.)
20% - Monitoring:
- Identifies, defines, and makes recommendations to mitigate risks
- Works with project teams and Clients to ensure critical dependencies are mitigated
- Captures and drives issues resolution
10% - Administration & Operations:
- Updates weekly project reports and project Client guides
- Creates, documents, and posts project artifacts to centralized repositories
- 5-7 years’ experience in a project management role.
- Experience as a Senior Project Management role.
- Strong ability to handle client expectations and project scope during all stages of client engagement
- Experience managing multiple projects with multiple work streams; Proven record of innovation and project results
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices and agile processes