Senior Report Developer - PH
Job DescriptionA Senior Report Developer is an expert in multiple reporting solutions, such as Tableau, SSRS, Business Objects, Power BI, Excel, Power Query, etc. The senior report developer will evaluate business requirements and determine the best solution/design to meet the business need. They will translate business requirements into reports that use visualization, tables, filters, or data extracts. The senior report developer will develop and manage solutions that provide accurate and timely data for analytical teams and senior leadership to monitor key performance indicators, analyze data for trends and the root causes of issues, and ultimately drive business improvement using data. The senior report developer will have a keen eye for ensuring the accuracy of the data being provided in the report, ensuring the audience understands the information being presented. Quality, accuracy, and ease of use are of primary concern to the report developer. Senior developers will have additional responsibilities to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the reporting team. This may include providing guidance and technical assistance to peers and junior developers, identifying and executing report-level improvements, and partnering with business analysts on requirement review, refinement, and solution design. It will also include maintenance of team-level playbooks and standard operating procedures.
- Develop & maintain ad hoc and recurring reports by combining raw data from internal and external data sources of varying types and formats.
- Use requirements and customer feedback to develop reports using Microsoft Excel, Power Query M, and Power BI that are user-friendly and enable end-users to perform analytics on the data.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies with current or new enterprise technology solutions.
- Present reports & dashboards to stakeholders, explaining how metrics are derived and helping them understand how to use a dashboard or report.
- Complete weekly and daily reporting that requires manual intervention.
- Review and validate internal and external data sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Translate requirements into reports.
- Document and maintain an audit playbook for how reports are created and maintained and data definitions within the reports.
- Partner with business analysts, business leadership, database developers, data architects, and other team members to develop our enterprise data solutions.
- Work to transition reports from Excel to our future state data solutions using SQL 2019 and Power BI.
- Execute opportunities to improve processes and strategies with current or new enterprise technology solutions.
- Guide other team members on best practices, design solutions, etc.
- Partner with business analysts to review, confirm, and refine requirements
- 5+ years of using data to develop ad hoc and recurring reports that meet requirements laid out by customers.
- Advanced skills with at least two reporting solutions; one must be Power BI. Others may include Tableau, SSRS, Splunk, Microsoft Access, etc.
- Must have experience working with SQL databases, creating, modifying, and running SQL queries.
- Strong communication skills, active listening, and business analysis skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access, Power Query/Pivot, and Power BI expertise are required.
- Proficiency in remaining MS Office Tool Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Organized and very detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate progress against assigned tasks
- Ability to quickly acclimate within an ever-changing environment
- Must be comfortable with using and adapting to new and existing technology
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while completing high profile projects and tasks or deadlines.
Systems Experience Required:
- SQL, POWER BI, POWER QUERY/PIVOT, EXCEL
- Reporting or Data Management Experiences