Hybrid Payroll Coordinator
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Payroll Coordinator for our Tucson, AZ. office. The Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of employee payroll, while working remotely for a portion of their work schedule. This role requires strong attention to detail, communication skills, and the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Manage and process payroll for all employees, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies and regulations.
- Maintain and update employee records in the payroll system.
- Review and verify employee time records to ensure accuracy of hours worked, overtime, and leave time.
- Respond to employee inquiries related to payroll and benefits.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations, and ensure compliance.
- Prepare and distribute payroll reports to management and finance teams.
- Assist with year-end payroll activities, including W-2 and 1099 reporting.
- Works as liaison between various departments regarding their payroll needs.
- Runs payroll reports for Department Heads as needed.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Creates reports monthly for the Accounting Department.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks provided by the Global Payroll Manager.
- 3+ years of experience in payroll processing and administration.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Comfortable with a hybrid work from home schedule, with the ability to work in the office as needed.
- Must have access to reliable high-speed internet and a dedicated workspace that allows for video conferencing and virtual collaboration.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- FPC or CPP certification.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field.
- Experience with Paylocity.