Licensed Health Insurance Agent
Job DescriptionOur culture is based on connection, and that fuels our outstanding performance. At BroadPath we maintain and nourish a commitment to home-based talent and innovative workforce technology that enables us to deliver unrivaled quality, flexibility, and transparency. We believe in meeting our associates where they are, be it in geography or career development. Our proprietary platform visually connects the members of each home-based client team, fully unleashing the skills and motivation of the industry’s best workforce; and enabling our associates to reach their full potential. Today, we provide organizations in healthcare, financial services, travel and hospitality, and high-growth industries with managed, remote teams of skilled professionals to handle key business functions including customer experience, sales, and back-office operations. BroadPath, where connection happens.
ResponsibilitiesThe Licensed Health Insurance Agent is responsible for providing consultative recommendations and answers inbound calls of those interested in purchasing insurance plans and benefits. This includes qualification of Consumer, complete needs assessment, educate on plan benefits, and steer towards an appropriate Medicare & Retirement plan when applicable. Agent will attend coaching session and receive updates from leadership. Agents are expected to adhere to schedules, follow consultative selling practices, provide a positive consumer experience, and strive towards sales goals. Agents will abide by all BroadPath Policies and Procedures including but not limited to Certification, Compliance and any other Client specific Policy and Procedure outlined in the SOW and in the Standard Operating Procedures.
Where You Come In
- Assist Medicare-eligible individuals telephonically in the following ways:
- Answer incoming phone calls from prospective members and identify the type of assistance and information the customer needs with the goal to convert the caller to qualified lead and ultimately sale
- May make outbound calls to prospective members to follow up on questions or to current members to review current or new products and services
- Educate Members and potential members on plans benefits and details based on consumer needs
- Provide objective information pertaining to coverage, annual notice of change, pharmacy/network coverage, and drug formularies
- Secure compliant enrollment into appropriate plan.
- Meet the goals established for the position in the areas of sales quota, quality, attendance and other performance criteria
- Meet and maintain requirements for agent licensure, appointments, and annual product certification
- High School Diploma or higher degree completed
- 6 months of experience in a call center or similar structured work environment
- 6 months of sales experience
- Proficient in basic computer navigation such as use of multiple applications, ability to toggle between applications/tools, utilization of remote desktops
- Must have active Health Insurance License
- Ability to obtain additional insurance licenses if required by business
- Ability to not only understand complex Medicare programs but be able to explain/articulate Medicare programs to consumers in ways that are clear, correct and objective.
- Ability to multi-task, which includes the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product.
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive.
- Ability to work hours as assigned. It may be necessary, given the business need to work weekends, holidays, and overtime. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am – 10:00pm CST
Schedules will vary depending on business needs, and may entail working nights, weekends and holidays. Must be flexible to work outside of normal departmental operating hours.